September 6, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:15pm by President, Debbie Moss.
Present were President Debbie Moss, Vice-President Katherine Rich-Elzig, Treasurer Shannon Gowey, Directors: Lynne Chevallier, Margaret Rich, and Diana Bein and Delegate Kathy Callahan-Smith. Excused: Secretary Leslie Smith, Past President Bill Melendez and Director Joyce Alford.
The August Board Meeting minutes and General Membership Meeting minutes were read as provided by Leslie Smith. A motion to accept the minutes was made by Diana Bein, seconded by Margaret Rich and approved by the Board.
Treasurers Report – Shannon presented the Financial Reports and they will be filed for audit.
- Membership – Diana reported: 27 - 3 yr. Adults, 69 – 1 yr. Adults, 4 Lifetime for a total of 100 Adult voting members. 18 Youth and __ Associates.
- Spring Horse Show – Leslie sent a final P&L showing the total loss as ($5463.13). There was an unpaid invoice from April for Region 2 Club ribbons. To replenish our seed money RCAHA paid $1707.26 and $3755.87 is due from AHASJV.
- Fall Horse Show/HH2H Oct. 1 – Margaret reported Hot Diggity Dog will be at the show. Next Show meeting will be Wed., Sept. 20 at 7pm at G/A.
- Kathy – No more planned for this year – Maria Kemnitz: email@example.com Send bragging rights and good articles to share.– Debbie reported Steve will be making changes to reduce spam. – Diana - next 2018. Christmas Party - Lynne: Dec. 9th Glen Oaks Community Center
- Laws/Historian – Leslie - none New Business: Debbie reported we sent $100 to AHDF of our budgeted money now for Hurricane Harvey relief for horses. Discussion of RCAHA Scholarship Application to make it open to all college attendees regardless of the year they are in. MOTION?
Old Business: None
Correspondence: Received a Club Excellence Award Certificate of Participation from AHA. Received a thank you note from AHA for Youth Nationals Jacket Donation.
Announcements: Next Board meeting will be Oct. 4, 7pm, Green Acres
Adjournment: A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by ____________, seconded by ____________ and approved by the board at 8:17pm
Leslie Smith, RCAHA Secretary from notes taken by Kathy Callahan-Smith