July 5, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:07pm by President, Debbie Moss.
Present were President Debbie Moss, Vice-President Katherine Rich-Elzig, Secretary Leslie Smith, Directors: Diana Bein, Joyce Alford, Lynne Chevallier, and Margaret Rich. Excused: Past President Bill Melendez & Delegate Kathy Callahan-Smith... Guest: Gayle Reveron & Shannon Gowey
The June minutes were presented by Leslie Smith. A motion to accept the minutes as corrected was made by Diana Bein, seconded by Joyce Alford and approved by the Board.
Treasurers Report – Kimberly Ruddock resigned June 29th. Leslie provided copies of the June Bank statements and balance recap. Once we get the records back from Kimberly she will bring the budget worksheet up to date. A motion was made by Margaret Rich to make Shannon Gowey the new Treasurer, seconded by Lynne Chevallier and approved by the Board. Leslie will prepare a letter for the bank and arrangements for the account signers to meet at the bank.
1. Membership – Diana reported 27 - 3 yr. Adults, 66 – 1 yr. Adults, 4 Lifetime for a total of 97 Adult voting members. 20 Youth and 4 Associates. Diana reported June 30th was the cut off for membership for delegate counts and we are eligible for 3 delegates. Debbie Moss signed up two more Associates. Discussion on recruiting SEAHA members when their club is dissolved at the 2017 AHA Convention in November. Debbie sent welcome letters to them all and invited them to the July BBQ.
2. Youth – Joyce has photos of Youth braiding clinic to submit for AHA May Arabian Celebration Month.
3. Spring Horse Show – Margaret has the cooler for Overall High Point winner Debbie Canaday and will mail it.
4. Fall Horse Show – Oct. 1, 2017. Show applications are done, judges will be Tammy Burkman (Main Ring) and Kate Shuster (Dressage & S/H). Leslie has contacted several other Officials and will get their contracts done. Next Show meeting Wed. July 12 at Green Acres.
5. HH2H – Gayle Reveron – Vendors: Offered some great ideas for the event to get the public involved.
6. Programs – Kathy absent: General Membership Dinner meeting will be 6pm Tues., Aug. 22nd, at Richies Diner Murrieta. We will show the documentary V: The Sheila Varian Legacy. It runs 128 minutes.
7. Newsletter – Maria Kemnitz: email@example.com Requesting information and photos for the newsletter.
8. Website/Facebook – Steve Moss continues to work on updating the website. Debbie is posting to our Facebook page
9. BBQ – Sat., July 8, 2017 at Green Acres. Diana reported very few RSVPS. Diana and Leslie made calls from the Membership Roster. Once the Board was polled we had about 45 people so far. Remember to bring your stories to remember Barbara DuBois.
10. Christmas Party – Lynne Chevallier. Dec. 9th, Glen Oaks Community Center. Nothing new at this time.
11. By-Laws/Historian – Leslie brought suggested changes for the last 5 pages of the By-laws and the Board worked on revisions and approved those pages. The suggested revised By-laws will be printed in the July Newsletter and voted on at the August 22nd General Membership Meeting.
New Business: None; Old Business: None; Correspondence: None
Announcements: Next Board meeting is August 2, 7pm, Green Acres
Adjournment: A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Joyce Alford, seconded by Lynne Chevallier, and approved by the board at 8:12pm
Leslie Smith, RCAHA Secretary