BOD Meeting Minutes
March 1st, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:28pm by President, Debbie Moss (following the Show Meeting).
Present were President Debbie Moss, Vice-President Katherine Rich-Elzig, Secretary Leslie Smith, Past President Bill Melendez, Director Joyce Alford, and Director Margaret Rich Absent and all excused: Treasurer Kimberly Ruddock, Directors Lynne Chevallier and Diana Bein; Delegate Kathy Callahan-Smith.
The February minutes were presented by Leslie Smith. A motion to accept the minutes as corrected was made by Margaret, seconded by Bill and approved by the board.
Treasurers Report - Kimberly absent.
1. Membership – Diana absent. Leslie reported 32- 3 yr. Adults, 74 – 1 yr. Adults, 4 Lifetime Adults for a total of 110 Adult voting members & 24 Youth. Leslie reported our membership dues for 3 year Adults on the AHA website already show $40 local dues ($5.00 discount) so we need to edit our membership form to the same since it shows much less. Leslie to edit the form and send to Diana. A Motion was made to approve Club sponsored Adult memberships for Joan Darrin and Janessa Greenleaf (Debbie’s niece), by Bill Melendez, seconded by Joyce and approved by the Board.
2. Youth – Joyce Alford reported there is interest in a Braiding Clinic and she will provide a date.
3. Spring Horse Show – March 23-26, 2017. Show meeting was held prior to the Board meeting. Margaret has most of the volunteers finalized. Leslie reported the Insurance Certificates have been sent to all Associations, LAEC, and Nancy Goertzen for AHASJV & Region 2.
4. Fall Horse Show – Oct. 1, 2017. Margaret – Leslie to check with Nancy Harvey on status of applications.
5. HH2H – Date changed to June 4 due to short preparation time. Leslie reported talking to Anne York and she will help but not Chair the Committee. No response from reaching out to member Rocksanne Pieters, who showed prior interest in this program.
6. Programs – Kathy Callahan-Smith. Per Kathy, Leslie reported a date change to get Richie’s Diner for General Membership Dinner meeting. Now Tues., April 18 with speaker, Nancy Harvey, AHA President. Tuesday, Aug. 22 is also booked with Richie’s for the 2nd Dinner meeting.
7. Newsletter – Maria Kemnitz: email@example.com Leslie reported Feb. newsletter went out and Maria is working on March. Board decided the newsletter should go out (email or mail) to members only. Maria has the current Roster to update emails now.
8. Website/Facebook – Debbie reported Steve Moss, Webmaster, needs to be reimbursed for Website renewal cost per budget already approved.
9. BBQ – Diana Bein (absent) - Sat., July 8 at Green Acres. Caterer has been booked.
10. Christmas Party – Lynne Chevallier (absent). Dec. 9th, Glen Oaks Community Center. Caterer has been booked. Melodie Williams has reserved the room with last year’s deposit and will contract us.
11. By-Laws/Historian – Leslie reported still working on updates. Bill to send editable version from the website to make changes easier to do.
12. BOD Training - Kathy Callahan-Smith - absent
Leslie read an obituary for Barbara Dubois, RCAHA Member since the inception Aug. 1985. Barbara’s wishes were for no service. It was discussed to do a remembrance at the Spring Show, memorial award for future show and remembrance at the July BBQ. Leslie gave Jenny Morgan’s address for sympathy cards.
Old Business: None
Announcements: Green Acres Community Show April 23, 2017.
Adjournment: A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Bill Melendez, seconded by Joyce Alford, and approved by the board at 8:20pm